Saturday, April 30, 2005

 

Ichiro Suzuki Bobblehead Night Weblog Report

Here's a recent weblog post by someone who attended a Mariners game and received an Ichiro bobblehead (that was mentioned here last week)...

"Last Friday, Eyvette and I went to watch the Mariners game. It just happened that the night that Eyvette decided to buy tickets for was also Ichiro’s Night at Safeco Field. So of course, they were distributing Ichiro Bobbleheads.

One thing to note is that Ichiro is one of the Mariners superstars and its amazing to see the number of Japanese fans that visit Seattle just to watch him play. You will be surprised how many fans turn up just for the bobble heads. The doors to the field usually doesnt open until 5pm, but from what I hear, there were people waiting to get in starting from 4pm. Thats just crazy.

I personally got there at 5:30pm just to be sure I could get my hands on a bobble head. Luckily that was early enough. A few of my friends and coworkers who went found that by 5:45pm, all the bobble heads were gone. Ah well, luckily I got two (mine and Eyvettes).

They weren’t of the best quality, but I think that it was a great gift especially for something that is supposedly free.

I was checking to see how much they would sell for on ebay and I found that most sellers were starting the bidding price at about $50. Thats how much we paid for our seats. So if I was to put both of these bobble heads on ebay, I would probably make enough to profit from it, even after subtracting $100 for the seat tickets.

I don’t think I will sell it just yet though.

I really wanted the bobble head *smile*."

Click here to see the original weblog entry including a photo of the Ichiro Bobblehead!

Click here to see all the Mariners Bobbleheads for auction or sale on eBay right now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home