Thursday, April 07, 2005

 

A Pirates Bobblehead Collectors Blog

I always find it interesting to read the thoughts of other bobblehead collectors and - as has been seen before here before - the relatively new "weblogs" sites offers plenty of opportunities to find such musings.

Here's an entry from a Pirates fan chatting about why he's attending an upcoming game (hint: it's to get a certain bobblehead).... :)

"I've never been to a home opener, and this year will likely be no different. There is an early season game I want to attend, however. On April 15th, the Buccos play the Cubbies.

I'm not going in the hopes of seeing Mark Prior pitch (he's out with an elbow injury anyway) and the steroid-pumped Sammy Sosa was traded to the Orioles. The reason I want to go is plain and simple: the Pirates are giving away a Jason Bay bobblehead.

I collect bobbles. Specifically, I have every Pirates player bobblehead that was given away at PNC Park. I have a few other bobbles (a Nittany Lion standing in Beaver Stadium, the first Penguins Mario Lemieux giveaway), but I collect the ones they give out at PNC Park.

Some of them are 'Players Who Don't Play for Pittsburgh Anymore' (Brian Giles, Jason Kendall) and some are Hall of Famers (Roberto Clemente, Willie Stargell). Some fit the 'What?' category (Manny Sanguillen). Regardless, I have one of each of them.

I even have both Josh Gibson dolls (they gave away both the same night and I actually traded one of my two Pittsburgh Crawfords Gibson bobbles and $20 for a Homestead Grays bobble)..."

Read the entire entry here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home